James is a farmer living in the outskirt of Los Angeles. He has a big farmhouse where he grows vegetables and raises livestock to earn his livings. He visits the city every week to sell his vegetables and livestock; however, the merchants do not pay him on the spot, and he has to wait for a few days to get the payment. So, at times he used to face issues with money to buy fodder for his animals and other things required for his farmhouse.
One day he discussed this with his friend Michael who was also a farmer. He suggested James get a credit card so that he can make the payment for the things he needed over the month and then pay the bill. James was delighted at this, and he got a Discover credit card as per the recommendation of his friend. He used to make the payment once a month after receiving the bill.
James was not a tech-savvy person, and he did not know how to use Discover credit card login to pay online. He used to give pay Michael who would make payment for him. Things were going well, but after a few months, Michael had to go out of the station as his uncle passed away. James was not able to make the payment; he knew if he did not pay the bill on time, he would have to pay a significant amount of money in the form of late fee and interest, but there was no other option.
Many people face issues with Discover credit card login often, and most of them are clueless about how to fix it. However, if you act smartly and look for the information online, you will be able to fix the issue of Discover bank credit card login quickly. Here is the step by step instructions on how to login in and make payment to discover credit cards.
What are the prerequisites for Discover Credit card login?
Before we try to login or register to discover a credit card account, we need to keep a few things handy to ensure we can log in securely and without any issues. The followings are the requirements for Discover it credit card login.
- A stable and secure Internet connection
- A device secured against the virus, malware, etc.
- A secure and compatible browser
- Login credentials like username, password, etc.
How to register or make an account online with Discover credit card?
If you are yet to make an online account with the Discover credit card login page, then you need to make an account and get the username and password first. The followings are the steps to create an account. You need to ensure that you keep all the information about your card handy. Here are the steps to make an online account.
- Open the Discover Credit Card login page https://www.discover.com/.
- Then click on ‘Register Account’ under ‘Secure Account Log In’ at the top right of the page.
- On the next page, click on ‘Register Now’ under Credit Cards.
- Enter your 16-digit card number in the specified box.
- Then enter the month and year in the MM/YY format.
- After that, enter the name of the primary cardholder.
- Insert the date of birth in MM/DD/YYYY format.
- Then enter the last four digits of the social security number and click on continue.
- Then you will need to enter a user ID between six to sixteen digits.
- Enter a password that contains a minimum of eight characters, a capital letter, a special character, and a number and follow the online instructions to complete registration.
How do I log in to the Discover Credit Card account?
If you have already created the user ID and password for your Discover Credit Card, then you can log in using the below-mentioned steps.
- Open the Discover com credit card login page https://www.discover.com.
- Enter the user ID, password, and select a Credit Card from the drop-down menu.
- Then click on ‘LogIn.’
- If you do not want to be asked the user ID and password every time you visit the Discover credit card login, then click the checkbox beside ‘Remember User ID.’
What could be the reasons for facing issues with Discover credit card login and the solution?
There could be several reasons for unable to log in to the Discover credit card login portal. If you face issues, then you need to check a few things mentioned below.
- Most of the time, you face issues with Discover com credit card login because of the web browser. If you encounter problems, you need to delete cookies, history of your browser, and try. If it does not work, try with a different browser.
- The second reason could be a typing error, which means you might have misspelled the user ID or the password. Make sure you enter the user ID and password correctly.
- The third reason could be there are some temporary issues with the Discover credit card login page. In such cases, you need to wait for some time and try a couple of hours later.
What to do if I forget the user ID and password?
If you forget the details of the Discover card credit card, then you can retrieve the user ID and password by following the steps mentioned below.
- Open the webpage https://www.discover.com.
- Click on Forgot User ID/Password? under ‘Secure Account Log In at the top right of the page.
- On the next page, click on Forgot User ID or Password or both as per your requirement under Credit Cards.
- Then enter the 16-Digit Card Number, Card Expiration Date, Primary Cardmember’s Date of Birth, last 4 Digits of SSN, and click on continue.
- Then follow the instructions, and you will be able to retrieve the credentials for Discover bank credit card login.
What should I do if I am unable to login even after trying every possible solution?
It is very much possible that you have tried everything you could do from your end, yet you are unable to login. In such a situation, you should contact the customer service of Discover Credit Card. You can reach them by the following methods.
- Discover Credit Card Call customer service on 1-800-347-2683.
- You can also send a message by visiting the following page and clicking on Message an Agent.
Many a time, even tech-savvy people face issues while trying to register or sign in to Discover it credit card login page. In this article, we have provided with all the crucial information about how you can resolve issues with Discover com credit card login. We hope you will be able to access your Discover Credit Card account if you follow the instructions carefully.